Barclays and Liberty Ermitage have each launched gold-based products to capitalise on investors' fears about future returns from equity markets and poor returns in bonds and cash.
Barclays plans to back up its latest launch with more commodity and currency products during 2003.
The Liberty Ermitage Gold & Resources Fund, launched with about $15m invests in gold and precious metal shares and in specialist funds. It takes the form of an open-ended Bermuda registered fund listed in Ireland, charging
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts