The first quarter of 2010 has seen a deluge of reports announcing renewed inflows to the hedge fund industry. Investors worldwide are turning back to the sector in search of diversification and the chance of good returns.
Credit Suisse’s annual hedge fund investor survey for 2010 showed that across all investor types the average allocation increase expected for single-manager funds was 9%. Pension funds and insurance companies were expecting to increase their hedge fund allocations by 20%.
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data