The European Central Bank and Bank of England have taken a calmer approach to the financial upheaval. Decisions to keep rates on hold clearly put control of inflation as the number one priority for both. The real risk of the return to double-digit inflation is something Europe will do anything to avoid, while the Fed seems rather unconcerned with its worrying high headline inflation figures.
While the hedge fund industry tends to like volatility, this much uncertainty and market turmoil may be a
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules