Many lawyers think that choosing between an offshore or onshore fund jurisdiction is the most important decision for a hedge fund. Others, however, take a different view and believe the issues surrounding redemptions and liquidity are the main challenges confronting hedge funds at present. Still others consider the tendency for legal matters to come last in the order of priorities as a grave mistake.
Ed Devenport, funds partner at Mourant, deals with offshore issues. He believes the main legal
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia