The past two years have been an extremely profitable period for global event driven hedge funds but momentum is slowing. There is now less corporate activity to fuel the merger or risk arbitrage sector, while poor-quality paper has proliferated and depressed weightings in distressed securities.
Risk arbitrageurs try to buy the stock of a company being acquired and sell stock in its acquirer. Distressed securities involve the stock of companies in reorganisation or bankruptcy, ranging from
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay