Europe still offers good value, says Axel Botte, strategist at Axa Investment managers. At 30 September, the risk premium on the European equity market was 7.1%, the monthly rise just 2bps.
The valuation gap between the major European markets widened in September. The British risk premium was 6.93%, 4bps more than the French market. The German market was slightly more expensive (RP: 6.66%).
Over the last month, the UK risk premium has risen by 8bps, versus 5bps on the French market and a
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines