So your hedge fund portfolio has US long/short, Europe long/short, fixed income and event-driven strategies. Well diversified, or so you think. What happens if a massive shock hits markets?
Suddenly, your broadly spread exposure to alternative investments correlate, and head south in unison. That, says Pierre Maliczak, head of Refco Alternative Investments (RAI), Europe, is when you need a big put option.
Step in managed futures and commodity trading advisers (CTAs) and, in RAI's case, the
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more