Recent market and regulatory events in the world’s financial markets have created challenging conditions for the global hedge fund industry. One way it and others in the alternative funds area have reacted is seizing opportunities brought about by the market dislocations. Collateralised loan obligations (CLOs) were such a chance to get high returns. At one stage many of these assets were selling at as low as 30 or 40 cents to the dollar.
To take advantage of this opportunity,
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants