Japan and the energy sector provide the best opportunities for hedge fund returns, according to Hedge Funds Review's latest monthly survey of managers .
While the consensus is that performance in both sectors is expected to drop slightly next month, both will remain good for investment.
Managers surveyed believe merger arbitrage performance will continue rising with distressed debt continuing to provide steady opportunities.
Global macro managers are also in favour, but emerging market funds,
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?