The tremendous growth in the credit default swap (CDS) market is well documented. While much smaller than CDS, the market for credit 'swaptions' - options on single-name and index CDS - has also grown significantly over the past year or so.
Fitch set out to get a better understanding of what was currently happening in this market by surveying various broker-dealers involved in this product. We also looked at some of the unique structural features of these instruments.
Among the research's
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines