Hedge funds are eyeing up credit-card debt portfolios as potential revenue sources as economic distress and rising rates hit consumers, particularly in the US.
Buying portfolios directly can be time consuming, but deal flow is increasing. While managers see winning portfolio auctions as a profitable pursuit, credit-card portfolio experts caution careful analysis before buying.
Peter Bennett, managing director of San Francisco's Applied Income Sciences (AIS), has said that over 10 years, "US
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines