The Venus Relative Value Fund aims to generate low-volatility returns by arbitraging temporary price inefficiencies in emerging markets.
It is an unusual approach that largely ignores the emerging markets growth story which has captivated investors over the past decade.
However, Vik Mehrotra, founder and CEO of Venus Capital Management, firmly believes relative value strategies can outperform directional investments in the emerging markets on a risk-adjusted basis over the long term.
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia