October would seem to have been a difficult month for those in the commodities markets. Several indices lost ground, although most analysts still believe the bull run in commodities is realising the predictions of analysts by continuing into the fourth quarter.
The Goldman Sachs Commodity Index (Total Returns) is up 22% year to date, although for November it was down -3.88% as Hedge Funds Review went to press. The Reuters/CRB index was up 14/7% for the year, while the Dow Jones AIG Commodity
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- Lack of buy-side repo backstop a concern – Citi repo head
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB