Strategies outperform underlying markets
Hedge funds were down 1.22% in June with all strategies delivering negative returns for only the first time in the last 10 years. However, hedge funds outperformed underlying markets in the second quarter and realised marginally positive returns of 0.33% for the year to date (YTD).
Long/short equity funds experienced their second monthly loss for the year as the Eurekahedge Long/Short Equity Hedge Fund Index fell 1.25% in June. Portfolios of equity
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules