French bank BNP Paribas is to launch a prime-broking service for European clients this year, following the success of its US prime broking operations.
Laurent Cadieu, head of European equities at BNP Paribas, said the E54.36bn French bank had both the lending capabilities and risk controls to start a prime brokerage operation.
BNP Paribas will join an increasingly crushed market, as ING Groep and Schroder Salomon Smith Barney are constructing services on the continent.
A spokeswoman from Bank of
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia