Hedge funds came back into their own in the US in 2000, as their ability to short the markets proved to be the winning way. In the early part of 2001 that ability to trade the market both ways will again benefit the leading funds. Following the excessive volatility of the past six months it is worth looking at which trades fund managers are currently following.
Trying to pick winning ways in technology, media and telecoms shares proved difficult in 2000, with the likes of Quantum and Tiger
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines