Confidence is high among hedge funds trading commodities and managed futures, with a previously volatile market veering towards lengthier upward and downward trends.
The global political climate with war threatening in the Middle East is significantly influencing prices, prompting traders to stick with bullish commodities such as oil, energy and gold. However, managers are optimistic in spite of this danger.
Tim Wong, associate director for research at Man Investment Products' AHL Fund,
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines