Long/short equity hedge funds are the most popular, according to figures produced by TASS. The sector attracted the greatest assets by a substantial margin of all hedge fund categories with a net of $1.75bn in the fourth quarter and a total of $12.4bn recorded for the year. Event driven funds were the second most popular hedge fund category for the fourth quarter and year, adding a net $1.5bn and $3.59bn respectively.
Convertible arbitrage, which was the best performing hedge fund category
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia