In 30 years in alternative investments, I have occasionally opened my mouth before fully engaging my brain. At the recent debate at The Mansion House, I ended a series of remarks with a flippant comment that "Gordon Brown was the greatest threat to the financial services industry".
The Times newspaper subsequently picked this up and published it in their diary. The quote was accurate, if out of context, but the sentiment remains true. The proceeding comments that I made at that debate were
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product
- Banks grapple with social media risk