Hedge fund managers form what has been called a "Faustian pact" with their prime brokers on whom they rely for all their securities lending and back office needs and increasingly some front office functions too. Choosing a prime broker who is really "prime" is a big decision and one that is rarely reversed during one fund manager's commercial lifespan. But on what basis should a hedge fund manager pick their prime brokers?
From the prime broker's point of view, the starting board for the
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants