Liam McNiffe at Bank of Ireland Securities Services has very clear ideas about the blurring of lines within the hedge fund industry. “It was never envisaged that Ucits and hedge funds would ever be mentioned in the same breath, but this is now the reality. Hedge funds and Ucits funds have been gradually moving closer to each other with each gradually taking on successful characteristics of the other. The dividing lines have indeed blurred,” he says.
“A change of mindset is required in moving from
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden