Malta produces only about 20% of its food needs, has limited fresh water supplies, and has few domestic energy sources. Malta’s geographic position between the EU and Africa makes it a target for illegal immigration, which has strained Malta’s political and economic resources. Malta adopted the euro on January 1, 2008.
Malta’s financial services industry has grown in recent years and in 2008-09 it escaped significant damage from the international financial crisis, largely because the
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Final FRTB internal model rules get mixed reviews
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE