Jersey is planning to implement a new progressive approach to hedge fund regulation, which will reinforce the island's position as a leading competitor for both global administration business and assist institutions looking to create offshore-domiciled hedge funds.
Jersey's finance industry, located in a time-zone convenient for both Asia and the US, has grown since the 1960s to become an offshore leader. The island boasts a funds industry valued at £105bn (as at 31 December 2002) and there is a
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance