Demand for Islamic financial instruments is expected to increase rapidly with some estimating that 20% annual growth would not be unexceptional. Although some have questioned whether a Shariah compliant hedge fund was possible, one workable solution may have been found.
Shariah funds and Shariah compliant investment are of increasing interest to both global Islamic investors and developed western financiers keen to create products that will attract the significant sums available from sovereign
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules