Odey uses directional managers and manages the fund’s exposure according to its market views.
The way the fund manages money was borne out of Odey’s experiences in 1994 when the flagship fund had an annual drawdown of 43%. That year the fund suffered massive redemptions but also learnt some painful lessons about position size, liquidity and the importance of not letting intellectual ideas dominate the risk management/trading process.
The mandate allows for a maximum leverage of 350% for equity
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay