Short-term opportunities for US long/short hedge funds are improving, but the sector remains in a difficult environment, according to managers and analysts.
Returns tend to be in the small-cap area and sector-specific, in part because the market is crowded and many managers are chasing the same opportunities.
The landscape for managers has moved from "poor to average" over the last month, according to Chris Jones, director of alternative investment strategies at London's io investors.
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights