Mauritius started generating interest as a jurisdiction for establishing funds in 1992 with the introduction of offshore legislation.
The India/Mauritius tax treaty had then been in existence for nearly 10 years and turned out to be one of the major catalysts in the development of the Mauritius funds industry, at the same time the Indian economy started to open up.
While Mauritius is the recognised jurisdiction worldwide for funds into India, it has diversified its markets quite successfully with
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?