As governments and regulators begin to introduce a raft of new rules and regulations aimed at increasing transparency and reducing risk, the industry is bracing itself for the many challenges compliance will bring.
An already complex industry is about to become even more complicated as concerns over possible systemic risks to the international financial system posed by the industry are addressed by new rules targeting the use of leverage and trying to diversify risk.
For the accounting industry
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance