Global emerging markets hedge funds have demonstrated a measure of recovery in the 12 months to August despite difficult market conditions. But in general the funds show poor returns over a turbulent three-year period with all segments, from Asia through Eastern Europe and Latin America, experiencing severe losses.
In the past year the 22 funds in the emerging market sector tracked by S&P Micropal managed an average rate of return of 19.6%, and an average maximum drawdown of 14.7%.
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants