Alpha Strategic offers an alternative to listing a fund on a stock exchange while allowing hedge funds to raise "permanent capital".
Kit Malthouse, chief executive of the group (pictured below), describes it as "flotation lite," with managers able to raise significant sums of money to be invested in their portfolios, while retaining full control over their funds' strategies.
The company is around 18 months old and 12 months ago entered its first, and to date, solitary partnership, with the CTA
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?