Human behaviour is not something many hedge funds take into account when picking assets to invest in. But the team behind Macquarie’s Asia Long Short Fund is determined to exploit the human race’s apparent inability to learn from past errors.
“Humans are driven by fear and greed and tend to make the same mistakes throughout the history of the world,” says portfolio manager Andrew Alexander. “We believe that’s a rational place to begin.”
Alexander joined the funds arm of the Australian investment
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?