Mark Wood had no shortage of backers to choose from when he was establishing Paternoster Assurance, an insurance firm start-up that raised £500m from a consortium including Eton Park, alongside other, unnamed, European hedge funds, and Deutsche Bank and Numis Corporation.
After all, the UK pension buy-out business Paternoster will work in is hardly crowded, with only Legal & General and the Prudential to compete against at the moment, in a defined-benefit market worth an estimated £1bn, and d
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data