Designed to be a lower-risk/lower-return category of hedge fund, the market neutral sector aims to give between 6% and 10% return a year with lower associated drawdowns.
Charles McNally of Lyster Watson, says: "Unfortunately, a lot of long/short equity funds make no attempt to be market neutral, many end up being more market related than they believe. One of the issues is that market volatility and market level are not independent. While a lot of funds are neutral at the market level, some
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay