Al Safi is an independent, Cayman Islands-based alterative investment platform designed specifically for Shariah compliant hedge fund strategies. Initially the platform will offer commodity and long/short equity hedge fund investment strategies to investors.
The platform provides what Barclays Capital calls a one-stop solution for investment managers and investors. All of the prime brokerage, administration and Shariah compliance functions are provided on the platform in a turnkey solution.
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- Banks grapple with social media risk
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product