Shorting carries very different risks from taking long positions. The key skill must be the management of the risks associated. This means having a clear idea of the associated market and macro factor risks associated with the securities being shorted (and how these can be mitigated elsewhere in the portfolio), the possibility of any short squeeze, the possibility of being called and the need to do very detailed absolute and relative valuation analysis.
Even when all that is done, specific risk
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay