Managed futures trading had a mixed month in June as strong trends in the first two weeks turned unfavourable in the second fortnight forcing funds to retrace many of the gains made.
Mark Rzepczynski, president and chief investment officer at CTA manager JWH Henry, says June started out as a promising month for the firm's Strategic Allocation Program (SAP) but turned 'abruptly negative during the last two weeks.'
While the managed futures section of the CSFB/Tremont hedge fund index was down 2
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules