In order to achieve its target net return of 20% or more, the fund will uses leverage, with a gross exposure of up to 300%. It typically adopts a concentrated approach to stock selection.
The risk parameters allow the net exposure to range between 100% short to 100% long. While the managers may at times take sizeable short-term directional market views, the majority of the returns over time are derived from stock and sector exposures.
The focus of the strategy is to identify near-term catalysts
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?