In recent years, there has been an increasing trend for offshore vehicles to be used for the establishment of mutual funds by Chinese clients.
Cayman exempted companies are often used as the vehicles for mutual funds with long-term investment objectives investing primarily in listed stocks, bonds, notes, warrants and other financial derivatives issued by companies with business operations in Hong Kong, Taiwan or the mainland People's Republic of China (PRC).
With the rapid growth in the PRC
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules