The biggest potential threat to financial recovery in the UK and elsewhere could be stopping the massive expansionary monetary policies. The extraordinary response of governments, particularly the UK and US, to the financial crisis, may have stopped the economies falling into depression but the policies could be creating new problems for the future.
"What happens to the patient when you take away the monetary steroids?" asks Vince Cable, often referred to as the best Chancellor (finance minister
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia