Fund managers are viewing 2008 as a positive time for funds of funds and single hedge funds alike and those who fared badly this year foresee their sub-prime woes of 2007 having a more optimistic outcome in the future.
For some 2007 has already been a strong year, and the events of the summer have proved beneficial, while 2008 is seen as the time to capitalise on the gains that they have made.
From an industry-wide perspective, Timothy Spangler, partner at lawyers Kaye Scholer, adds, summer's
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?