The Bahamas has passed three bills through Parliament which could improve the island's status as an offshore domicile for hedge funds.
The Electronic Communications and Transactions Bill, the Computer Misuse Bill and the Data Protection (Privacy of Personal Data) Bill will come into law by the end of April when they have been rubber stamped by the island's Governor General.
The Electronic Communications and Transactions Bill addresses circumstances where the law or statute calls for an agreement
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?