Former Fidelity US manager John Muresianu launched a hedge fund, Lyceum Capital, on 1 October. Although time will tell whether he will be successful, Muresianu has several traits, as well as a compelling track record that should ensure his success.
Muresianu prefers to short baskets of stocks as opposed to individual stocks as 60% to 70% of the move of an individual stock relates to sector factors.
He believes most managers lose money on their shorts and that stocks are prone to manipulation '
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules