Prime brokers say most fund managers have not been participating in so-called 'tasteless trading' in the two weeks following the World Trade Center and Pentagon disaster.
In addition, they report business activity has slowed, with one commenting a 'shed-load' of his meetings had been cancelled in Europe.
London-based Alex Ehrlich, managing director of Goldman Sachs International, says: 'What you have seen so far is a reaction that has been very restrained in terms of trading.' He says trading
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?