The growth in sophisticated long/short equity managers in London over the past two years has contributed to an explosion in trading using Contracts for Difference (CFDs), rather than the underlying exchange listed securities. Prime brokers, sensing a new business opportunity, are sharpening up their software in response to the changing needs of their clients.
'Frankly all equity hedge funds should be using CFDs,' says Nick Wilson at Lehman Brothers in London. 'They are simple to use to gain
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants