The growth in sophisticated long/short equity managers in London over the past two years has contributed to an explosion in trading using Contracts for Difference (CFDs), rather than the underlying exchange listed securities. Prime brokers, sensing a new business opportunity, are sharpening up their software in response to the changing needs of their clients.
'Frankly all equity hedge funds should be using CFDs,' says Nick Wilson at Lehman Brothers in London. 'They are simple to use to gain lever
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data