GAM is to launch a third in its range of Diversity fund of hedge funds this autumn, managed by David Smith, chief investment director of the firm's multi-manager team.
GAM's decision stems from high investor demand and a desire not to run too much money in its first two Diversity products leading to over-diversification, according to Smith.
'To support the delivery of superior performance it is crucial to achieve the optimal combination and number of managers in any one portfolio,' Smith said. 'We
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules