Diego Parrilla, merrill lynchSupply and demand fundamentals rule the commodity markets, but keep an eye also on geopolitics, on macro, and on investor and hedging flows!
And commodity squeezes? Do not underestimate the physical nature of commodities.
Unlike the case for currencies, equities, or bonds, we cannot "print" commodities. In the absence of inventories (which provide a cushion against short-term supply/demand disruptions), the inelasticity of demand can result in wild price action and
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?