Regulation could be a source of certainty, instead of the confusion currently surrounding it, writes editor of Custody Risk Andrew Tjaardstra
We are still in turbulent times. The debt crisis in the eurozone is unresolved and the best we can hope for is to muddle through. However, one area where we could see certainty is regulation.
Instead, we are seeing back-tracking, confusion and a complete lack of clarity. The deliberations continue and the goalposts keep changing.
In Europe, for example,
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules