Chinese domestic stocks will continue to benefit from expanding consumer demand despite a cut in the country's official growth forecast to an eight-year low of 7.5% for 2012, says Earl Yen, founder and managing director of Shanghai-based alternative investment manager CSV Capital Partners.
The CSV China Opportunities Fund, a long/short equity hedge fund, has returned 17.4% year-to-date to the end of February by concentrating on domestic bets.
The fund's investments are heavily tilted towards
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines