Proprietary traders moving from banks to hedge funds in Hong Kong, alongside international hedge funds setting up offices in Asia, has helped the industry rebound following a sharp contraction seen in the aftermath of the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers in 2008, according to market participants.
The Securities and Futures Commission's (SFC) annual Hong Kong hedge fund survey released earlier this month shows assets under management (AUM) are also increasing. By September 2010, hedge funds assets i
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data