Hedges funds posted their worst performance since the height of the global financial crisis during the past two months, after the global stock market tumbled due to investors putting their money into cash over fears the sovereign debt crisis in Greece could spark a large risk reversal in financial markets, according to hedge fund research firms and asset managers.
Almost all hedge funds strategies recorded losses in May, with the only exception being short-selling strategies, according to
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants